Thursday, January 10, 2013

Birth Control in ATX!

So i'm officially back to work as of Tuesday, Jan 8th. My first day back wasn't so bad but I did miss my babies. And I also worried how Charlotte would do with someone else holding her (she seems to be selective these days) and with having to eat formula. We did a trial run with formula before I went back to work and it was fine but now she's getting picky. Since I can only pump 2oz's at best, formula is the only other option. Good luck to John on the weekends!!

Before going back to work, John and I decided that we should make a quick trip to Austin to see the city and Auntie Robin. We left Saturday morning and made it just in time for lunch. The kids were awesome the whole way down and never whined or cried once. John and I were shocked and very thankful : )  I knew because of the timing that Tommy wouldn't take a nap and I was hoping he'd be so exhausted that night he would just fall asleep in the hotel. He was pretty good most of the day but he was a little cranky during dinner. I expected that.

As soon as we got there, we picked up Robin and checked into the Hyatt House (much better than a standard hotel room). After dropping off our stuff we headed to SoCo for lunch at the food trucks. Robin and I decided to eat a fried avocado with chicken/shrimp taco from Mighty Cone and John opted for Homeslice Pizza that is right down the street. And you can't eat at a food truck park without getting a cupcake to go! Pretty darn good!

 After stuffing our faces we went to let Tommy burn off some energy running around the State Capital. John and I were both surprised at how clean Austin is. He absolutely loved, loved, loved Austin. He told Tommy that if it wasn't for the fear of him turning into a hipster, we'd move ; )  haha





 We went to the neatest restaurant for a taco dinner called Taco Xpress. Yummy! When we finally got back to the hotel and bathed Tommy, he was OUT! He woke up once in the middle of the night and it literally took him about 10 seconds to fall back asleep.

The next morning we slowly got ready, headed to Auntie Robin's and followed her to Kerbey Lane for breakfast. The morning was going good until timing slapped us in the face. You see, Tommy is a freaking picky eater these days. So on Saturday he just snacked all day long. He ate a good breakfast but didn't really eat anything for lunch. He had some blueberries at Robin's, some french fries we got from the food truck, some milk, some tomatoes, applesauce and that's about it. Oh, and goldfish for dinner. Awesome. Ok...  So the "25 minute wait" turned in to almost an hour and by that time we had 2 hungry, cranky babies. Tommy decided to stand up in the booth and SCREAM with his nasty snotty nose, attracting everyone in the room to turn and stare. Thank you John for waving at everyone. It helped to take some pressure and eyes off of us. And he did this not once, not twice but 3 freaking times. John took him outside once to calm him down and it worked for about 2 minutes. Then Charlotte started in and wouldn't take the formula bottle I made for her. I was a nervous, embarrassed wreck. I opted to take Charlie to the car to feed her and get my food to go. John said after I left, he put Tommy in a highchair instead of trapping him in the booth and he was fine. He also pigged out on breakfast once it finally got there. I wouldn't know. I fed Charlie then changed a poopy diaper. More "Awesome".  Obama ain't got shit on the free birth control Tommy provided for all those hipsters in Kerbey Lane.  You're welcome!


After breakfast/lunch we hit 35 North. The drive did not seem long at all and I actually enjoyed the time just chit chatting with John. He is known for making CD's with throwback songs so we had good music to listen to there and back. Right before we got home Charlie started fussing a little bit but for the most part, the car rides were a success. SCORE!

Just a little something to add...  Saturday night John decided to trim his hair. All was good until he took a shower and noticed one piece of hair that was longer than the rest. He decided to trim it.. and forgot that the guard had been taken off, giving him a reverse mohawk. haha!    I WIN! He shaved his head and looks much more handsome.  The next morning he had to stop at Nordstrom Rack and buy a belt on the way to breakfast. All was well until he stabbed himself trying to get the tag off. Ouch.
And this is extremely tacky, but it was hilarious. Definitely not a proud Mommy moment. On the way home from Taco Xpress, Tommy was falling asleep in the car and John said "Aww, look baybuh he's falling asleep." Tommy lifted up his head and said "fuck it."  Yup, you read it right. Such language. He canceled that out the next morning when a lady walked up to him and told him he was handsome and as she was walking away, he kept saying "My Princess!".  That boy is so charming.



No comments:

Post a Comment