On July 12, 2010 at 4:45pm, Thomas Ryder Young made his debut into this world. We could not believe the 38 weeks flew by so fast. That morning I had my 38 week checkup with Dr. Walters and since my blood pressure was out of control, she wanted me to go to Baylor ASAP for delivery! Thankfully I had a bowl of Cheerios that morning and it bought us a few more hours for this to sink in. Both of us were very nervous and excited. We could not believe that shortly, we would be holding our baby boy. Everything was pretty fast and easy. They did my spinal to assure I was numb and went to town on getting him out. John didn't even pass out AND took some pretty awesome pics of the scene. Not too long after, they told us Tommy would have to be put in the NICU nursery until his breathing was better. Since he was a c-section baby, the fluid on his lungs didn't get pushed out like normal so they were waiting for that to naturally occur. SCARY!! I never imagined that our child would end up in the NICU. That entire night, John went back and forth to visit our little man as much as he could. He was in love. I, on the other hand, could not see him and felt horrible that I had a child I couldn't even hold yet. Luckily, the next day my nurse said it would be perfectly okay for John to wheel me down there as much as I wanted. The first time I saw him, I was in tears. He is so precious and looks so much like his Daddy. I was in love. After a nightmare of an extended hospital visit, we finally were released and we headed home! We both talked about how crazy it seemed that we are taking this baby home where he has his own room and it's now up to us to teach him about the world. Since things were a little chaotic at Baylor, we decided we wanted to lay low for a little bit and get adjusted to being at home. John had to work the next day so Mimi and Nonny came over to help me out with everything. Thanks a million!! That was also the first time Nonny actually got to hold Tommy since they have "holding times" in NICU. It's now been almost a week since we've been home and things are falling into place. Tommy definitely rules this house as of now. We do things on his time, whatever and whenever he wants.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
July 12, 2010 - Happy Birthday Thomas Ryder!!
On July 12, 2010 at 4:45pm, Thomas Ryder Young made his debut into this world. We could not believe the 38 weeks flew by so fast. That morning I had my 38 week checkup with Dr. Walters and since my blood pressure was out of control, she wanted me to go to Baylor ASAP for delivery! Thankfully I had a bowl of Cheerios that morning and it bought us a few more hours for this to sink in. Both of us were very nervous and excited. We could not believe that shortly, we would be holding our baby boy. Everything was pretty fast and easy. They did my spinal to assure I was numb and went to town on getting him out. John didn't even pass out AND took some pretty awesome pics of the scene. Not too long after, they told us Tommy would have to be put in the NICU nursery until his breathing was better. Since he was a c-section baby, the fluid on his lungs didn't get pushed out like normal so they were waiting for that to naturally occur. SCARY!! I never imagined that our child would end up in the NICU. That entire night, John went back and forth to visit our little man as much as he could. He was in love. I, on the other hand, could not see him and felt horrible that I had a child I couldn't even hold yet. Luckily, the next day my nurse said it would be perfectly okay for John to wheel me down there as much as I wanted. The first time I saw him, I was in tears. He is so precious and looks so much like his Daddy. I was in love. After a nightmare of an extended hospital visit, we finally were released and we headed home! We both talked about how crazy it seemed that we are taking this baby home where he has his own room and it's now up to us to teach him about the world. Since things were a little chaotic at Baylor, we decided we wanted to lay low for a little bit and get adjusted to being at home. John had to work the next day so Mimi and Nonny came over to help me out with everything. Thanks a million!! That was also the first time Nonny actually got to hold Tommy since they have "holding times" in NICU. It's now been almost a week since we've been home and things are falling into place. Tommy definitely rules this house as of now. We do things on his time, whatever and whenever he wants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aww, this is a great picture!
ReplyDelete