Thursday, June 28, 2012

It's apparent

I will go ahead and just admit that I'm much better at blog reading than blog writing. To say that a ton has changed is an extreme understatement. I mean, Tommy Is now almost 2 years old and I have so so much catching up to do. I won't make any promises, but I will try my best to get this all caught up. I will hold off on the photo overload until I get this all written down, probably in month by month posts. Whew! I feel overwhelmed already. So here we go, starting with the end of August. Tommy attended his first birthday party on August 28th for a special little girl, Hayden Kate, who turned 3. My mom and Nonny went with me and we all took turns passing Tommy around. He was pretty content sleeping and watching everyone. That following Monday, I took T to see Dr. Robert because I had suspected that Tommy had reflux. And just as I thought, acid reflux it was. About 45 minutes after nursing him (and many spit ups later), he would act like he was hungry again. This became quite a challenge to keep up with nursing for a few reasons. I felt like I wasn't producing enough and I felt like that was all I ever did. Ever. Dr. Robert took Tommy's measurements when we got there and he weighed in at 12.1lbs, 21.6 inches long. At this point, Dr. Robert suggested we put him on reflux medicine and take him to the chiropractor. He mentioned that because of the position Tommy was in (in womb) that his digestive tract might be off a bit and that the chiropractor will help straighten things out. It always seemed to help that day, but it was something that we had to do a few days a week until he was "weaned" from it a few months later. This month we were definitely still getting adjusting to have a screaming baby and not a lot of sleep : )

No comments:

Post a Comment